Gordon Markets are held on the 2nd Sunday of the month, rain or shine, every month of the year.
Open from 8.30am to 3.00pm.
Market Dates for 2019
Sunday 14 April
Sunday 12 May
Sunday 9 June
Sunday 14 July
Sunday 11 August
Sunday 8 September
Sunday 13 October
Sunday 10 November
Sunday 8 December
There’s one stall that always seems to attract a crowd – Carolyn Krick’s cards and stationery. The cards are high quality and well known brands yet with 50-70% off retail. While stationery sets are available she specializes in craft papers and quality do-it-yourself wedding and birthday invitations. In addition, Carolyn and her assistant, Jen, also sell calendars, diaries and a variety of gift bags. “I attend several markets but I’ve been a regular at Gordon Markets since it started. Being undercover makes a big difference because people know it’s on rain, hail or shine” “Customer service is my top priority. People coming to my stall know they will get top quality through known brands yet at a bargain price.”
Carolyn’s stall is located just inside the entrance closest to the station.
Michael Ackerman’s interest in antiques started 35 years ago as a hobby which he then turned into his business. He attended the very first Gordon Markets and has continued coming each month ever since. “I do good business here. While I sell to other traders and dealers, the majority of my customers are regulars and have been for many years.” “But I’ve always liked these markets. Being monthly and undercover is a great attraction. It means I can really look after my customers as well as being able to enjoy the friendship of the other stallholders.” Next time you visit the Gordon Markets, why not have a look at his stall – it’s worth the effort. David Fairburn With a background in advertising and publishing, David Fairburn has been dealing in books for the last 15 years. He has been a regular at Gordon Markets for over 10 years and sells a hugh range of books. Over 50% of his business comes from his regular clients, many of whom have particular yet special tastes. “While I like the larger sites at these markets – all of which are undercover – I really value the relaxed, casual atmosphere. It allows me more time to talk and help my customers. I meet many interesting people here and I also enjoy the friendly nature of the other stallholders.”
Visit David’s stall located at the upper end of the Gordon Markets. “Combining a hobby with a business certainly makes my life very enjoyable.”
Kadioglui - Authentic Turkish Pastry
Tran - Chinese Kitchen
Judy Smith - Books
Judy has vintage books, old photographs, Novels, childrens books, sheet music, stamps, and a special Kiddies Corner.
- The Gordon Markets Management Committee (through which all Stallholder site applications are made) reserves the right to reject any Application(s) from Stallholders and to terminate any regular Stallholder participation in the Markets.
- The Gordon Markets Management Committee is responsible for site operations and safety at the Markets. As such, Stallholders at the Markets must comply with all reasonable operational directives issued by Market Duty Staff appointed by the Gordon Markets Management Committee.
- Stallholders must conduct their business within the physical bounds of the Site(s) that they have been allocated.
- Stallholders must pay their Site Fees to Market Duty Staff on Market Day if it has not been paid in advance.
- To retain an allocated or preferred site, regular Stallholders must pay their Site fees one month in advance.
- Stallholders are not permitted to sub-let any part of their site to another Stallholder.
- Stallholders who fail to attend the Markets in accordance with their confirmed booking will forfeit any booking fees paid.
- Side-row Stallholders may commence setting-up at anytime before 07:00 am on a Gordon Markets day.
- Driveway-row (down centre of car park) Stallholders may not set up until 07:30 am so as to allow unrestricted vehicle access for side-row Stallholders.
- Each Stallholder must carry current Public Liability insurance with minimum cover of $10 million.
- All Stallholders' vehicles must be removed by 8.00 am from the public space on the Gordon Markets level of the Council Car-park unless they are specifically authorised to stay. Stallholders must pay for all site spaces occupied by vehicles allowed to stay on the Gordon Markets level.
- Stallholders are requested to remain until 3.00 pm. For safety reason the Market Duty Staff may adjust this time. Stallholders will be notified on the day of each market.
- After fees have been paid Stallholders may only leave the market site before 3.00 pm as directed by the Market staff.
- Stallholder Vehicles are not to enter the Gordon Markets site to pack-up until approval to do so is given by Market Duty Staff. Stallholders on the Central Driveway must pack from 2.30 pm. This is to ensure loading of vehicles at 3.00 pm is done in as short a time as possible.
- The preparation and sale of food is subject to ongoing compliance with State Health regulations. Food sellers may be visited by Local Council Inspectors to verify that Health Compliance Standards are being met. All Health Compliance directives must be obeyed or the Stallholder's selling activities will be shut down on the day. Food traders are required to register for each market at www.foodnotify.nsw.gov.au. Go to Website. Proof of registration must be produced on demand for each market.
- All Stallholders are responsible for the removal and disposal of their own rubbish (unsold goods, boxes, waste food).
- Stallholders will provide their own tables and equipment.
- Sites are unpowered. Stallholders requiring power must provide their own, and it must meet the approval of the Gordon Markets Management Committee.
You can now book online! Go to: online booking
Alternatively, you can book a stall by completing the form below. We will confirm your booking. But, to avoid disappointment please book early.
- gordonmarketsbookingform.txt. (Plain Text) "Right-Click-SAVE Link As" to download the form to your computer, or "Click" on the link to view it now.
- gordonmarketsbookingform.doc (Word Doc - to edit with your details and attach to an email)
- gordonmarketsbookingform.pdf (PDF format - not editable. Print, write on then post to address below)
In the screen that appears after RIGHT-clicking "Download Booking Form", select [Save Link as...] and save it to a folder on your PC.
If on the next screen you select [Open in new tab], select the new tab in your browser, then select [File] - [Save As..] to save the file to a folder on your PC.
If you do not have email facilities then please print the file and post to:
Gordon Markets Bookings
Rotary Club of Turramurra INC.
P.O. Box 77