Gordon Markets Covid-19 Safety Plan
The Gordon Markets Covid-19 Safety Plan can be downloaded here as a word or PDF document. The Plan is current as at 11 August 20202 and may be amended as and when NSW Government Health changes any conditions.
Gordon Markets are held on the 2nd Sunday of the month, rain or shine, every month of the year.
Open from 8.30am to 2.00pm.
Market Dates for 2021
Sunday 10 January
Sunday 14 February
Sunday 14 March
Sunday 11 April
Sunday 9 May
Sunday 13 June
Sunday 11 July
Sunday 8 August
Sunday 12 September
Sunday 10 October
Sunday 14 November
Sunday 12 December
Michael Ackerman’s interest in antiques started 35 years ago as a hobby which he then turned into his business. He attended the very first Gordon Markets and has continued coming each month ever since. “I do good business here. While I sell to other traders and dealers, the majority of my customers are regulars and have been for many years.” “But I’ve always liked these markets. Being monthly and undercover is a great attraction. It means I can really look after my customers as well as being able to enjoy the friendship of the other stallholders.” Next time you visit the Gordon Markets, why not have a look at his stall – it’s worth the effort.
Judy Smith - Books
Judy has vintage books, old photographs, Novels, children's books, sheet music, stamps, and a special Kiddies Corner.
PLEASE NOTE: The below Terms and Conditions are subject to change without notice, as a result of any changes in regulations by Federal, State, or Local Government authorities and Rotary guidelines.
- The Gordon Markets (henceforth known as The Markets) are operated by The Gordon Markets Management Committee (henceforth known as the Committee), which is a joint project of The Rotary Club of Ku-ring-gai Inc. and The Rotary Club of Turramurra Inc.,
- The Committee (through which all stallholder site applications are made) reserves the right to reject any application(s) from a stallholder and to terminate any regular stallholder participation in The Markets,
- The Committee is responsible for site operations and safety at The Markets. As such, Stallholders at The Markets must comply with all reasonable operational directives issued by Market Duty Staff appointed by the Committee,
- Normal operating hours for The Markets are between 8:30 am to 2.00 pm. For safety, environmental or climatic reasons, the Committee may adjust the closing time. Stallholders will be notified on the day of each market.
- Stallholders must conduct their business within the physical bounds and market time frames of the stall(s) that they have been allocated, and
- During the current Covid-19 stallholders must follow all requirements set out by the Committee, Federal, State, and Local Authorities.
Bookings and Payments
- Bookings and payments must be made in advance of the market day. This can only be done online via the TryBooking website (see link below). There is a cut off time of 9 am on Saturday prior to the market day After that, no bookings and payments will be accepted. Go to our Home Page to find the link to Try Bookings.
- In the past, there has been a practice of accepting casual bookings and/or payments on the day. This is no longer allowed,
- Cancellation of a booking will be accepted up until 6 pm on Wednesday, prior to the market day. Stallholders who fail to attend in accordance with a confirmed booking will forfeit any stall fees that have paid, and
- Stallholders are not permitted to sub-let any part of their site to another stallholder.
- Each stallholder must carry Public Liability Insurance (PLI) with a minimum cover of $10 million and must produce proof of currency to get a code to remove the $10 charge to cover our Uninsured Stallholders.
- No vehicular movement is allowed between the hours of 8.00 am – 2.00 pm unless approved by the Committee. All stallholder vehicles must be removed from the market area by 8.00 am. Vehicles are not allowed to remain and occupy a car space that has been set aside to for social distancing requirements unless permission has been granted by the Committee,
- Vehicle access to collect stores and equipment will not be allowed until The Markets have officially closed and customers have left the market, normally after 2.00 pm. This is a critical safety and public liability issue, and
- Vehicles are not permitted to queue at the ramp to level 2, in Wade Lane, or on the down ramp from level 3. This causes traffic jams in Wade Lane and obstructs pedestrians. This is a Council requirement. Stallholders who repeatedly fail to observe this requirement could face being banned from attending future markets.
- The preparation and/or sale of perishable foods and drinks is not permitted at The Markets, and
- The sale of dried, preserved, and/or bottled foods (jams, honey, preserved foods, etc.) is allowed at The Markets.
- Sites are unpowered and have no access to running water. Stallholders requiring power must provide their own and it must meet the approval of the Committee regarding sound, exhaust, and cables,
- Stallholders are responsible for the removal and disposal of their own rubbish, including broken goods, boxes, packaging, general rubbish. etc. and
- Stallholders are responsible for providing their own tables, chairs, display furniture, etc.
Layout of stalls
|*p indicates location of pillars|
|← Out Ramp Exit to Wade Lane|
|HIGHWAY SIDE||(Driveway)||RAILWAY SIDE|
|Space Number*||Space Number*|
|STAIRS & 269||155|
|Enter Wade Lane from St Johns Avenue|
|Markets are located on the middle level of the 3 Storey Car Park
*p Indicates the location of pillars